Hochstadter, Isaacson, Cherny, Dumanis & Associate
Wisdom teeth are the teeth that are responsible for the most considerable part of dental issues – the loss of function, the hard-to-reach location and the proneness to development defect makes the third molars highly problematic. While many specialists recommend the wisdom tooth extraction Park Ridge offers soon after they erupt, before they start causing problems, extraction is not always necessary. There are a few lucky people who have perfectly developed, healthy wisdom teeth that do not cause issues. Here are the parameters of wisdom teeth that do not need to be taken out:
- Fully erupted – wisdom teeth that have protruded through the gum can stay for as long as they are healthy;
- Positioned correctly – wisdom teeth that grow in the right direction can also be left in place;
- Healthy – wisdom teeth are prone to developing cavities and infections. While many of these problems are treatable in the same way as the problems developed by the other teeth in the mouth, if the wisdom tooth causes repeated problems or issues that are increasingly difficult to treat, the dentist might recommend the removal of the tooth. The area around wisdom teeth might also become affected by gum disease, case in which removal is a good idea, too.
Jun 4th, 2021
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Do You Need to Remove Wisdom Teeth If They Grow in Properly?
If you have noticed that your gum seems to be pulling back, making your teeth look longer, you are probably suffering from receding gums. The problem can have many causes, the most severe and most common one being gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, caused by natural aging, poor oral hygiene or medical conditions, such as diabetes. While gum recession cannot be reversed, there are several treatment options available to stop the problem – here are some:
- Changing brushing habits or toothcare products – if the cause of the problem is an inadequate brushing technique, your dentist can teach you how take care of your sensitive, receding gums. There are many toothpastes and mouthwashes developed especially to help manage receding gums – your dentist will be able to recommend you options;
- Regular professional cleaning – the professional cleaning provided by your dentist is much more efficient than any home cleaning. If you have receding gums step up the frequency of professional cleaning sessions to make it easier for your gums to heal and to stop the recession;
- Grafting – the method used for treating very serious cases involves taking gum tissue from a healthy area of your mouth and attaching it to the affected gum. Be sure to see an oral surgeon at https://www.oralsurgery-hicd.com/ for healthy gums and dental services.
Jun 3rd, 2021
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How To Handle Receding Gum Lines
Dental implants are the most durable, most comfortable and most modern Skokie dental implant replacement solutions available today and also a solution that many people refuse to consider because they think they cannot afford it. In the past, implants were very expensive, indeed, but the costs of getting an implant have decreased dramatically in the last few years and the trend seems to continue, too.
Dental implants are still slightly more expensive than dentures, but the actual amount you will have to pay for your implants will be determined by many factors. Here are some:
- The implantation method used – the mounting of implants requires a minor surgical intervention for the pole and another one for the abutment, but if you have adequate bone density in the implantation area, you can have the complete procedure performed in one go. Same-day implants are usually cheaper than the traditional method of installing the metal pole in one session and mounting the abutment on top of the pole in another;
- The need for bone grafting – if the tooth to be replaced with the implant is missing for a long time, the jawbone in the area might need to be reinforced with grafting. The procedure will add costs and will also prolong the time that the implanting process lasts;
- The number of implants you need – advanced techniques allow for the mounting of multiple crowns on one implant, which will decrease the per tooth price.
Jun 1st, 2021
Posted in Dental Implants | Comments Off on Have the Price of Dental Implants Decreased?
If you think that you are suffering from a dental problem that your regular dentist cannot treat, you should first of all make sure that your issue does require the expertise of a surgeon, indeed. The first step in the process should be a visit to a general dentist – the specialist will inspect your mouth and will lay out the treatment options for you.
If the only solution is treatment by an oral surgeon, your general dentist will refer you to a specialist that your doctor collaborates with and your dentist will also provide you with other names to turn to like Hochstadter, Isaacson, Cherny, Dumanis & Associates Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ltd. From then on, the decision is yours – you can perform an online check of the oral surgeons recommended to you or you can schedule a visit with one or more surgeons on your list right away. If you need even more options, you can contact your state medical board for more information.
An important aspect to figure out before choosing your surgeon is related to your insurance. If your insurance covers for such interventions, your insurance company might have their own network of approved local professionals. If you choose a surgeon accepted by your insurer, you might use your coverage to pay for the intervention – if you choose someone outside your insurer’s network, you will probably have to pay for the treatment out of your pocket.
May 26th, 2021
Posted in Oral Surgery | Comments Off on How Can You Find an Oral Surgeon Within Your Community?
General dentists and oral surgeons are both medical professionals who treat affections of the teeth, the gums and the mouth, but the treatments they perform are quite different and so is the training they need to pursue. Here are some of the most important differences between the two types of specialists:
- Education – both types of specialists attend dental school, but the dentists who want to become oral surgeons need to attend further specialization after dental school, in the form of a 4-6 years of clinical residency and other training courses. To be allowed to practice, oral surgeons need to take a board certification exam;
- The scope of practice – while general dentists are primary care providers, the most common treatments they perform being simple extractions, gum care, professional cleaning, root canal treatments and the application of fillings, oral surgeons perform treatments that exceed the competence of general dentists. Oral surgeons usually perform complicated extractions, such as the removal of impacted wisdom teeth and other surgical interventions to remove benign or malignant growths in the mouth, jaw correction and facial reconstruction surgeries and the installation of dental implants. The patients treated by North Suburban oral surgeon are usually referred to them by general dentists.
May 25th, 2021
Posted in Oral Surgery | Comments Off on What Is the Difference Between A Dentist and An Oral Surgeon?
The enamel that covers our material is one of the strongest materials in the world, but it is also very sensitive to impact and can get chipped, cracked or broken quite easily. If that happens, you must know that you do not have to live with the damaged tooth – there are many ways to correct the problem and to restore the health and the beauty of your tooth. Here are some of the most common treatment options:
- Filling – there are many materials that your dentist can use to fill the tooth and to make it look every bit like before. For a chipped tooth in the front, your doctor will probably use a method called bonding, by applying a composite resin similar to toothpaste;
- A dental crown – if the tooth is missing a large part or the cracking is too severe to be solved through bonding or filling, you will need a dental crown. Your dentist will grind or file the tooth to remove the chipped part, then a mold well be taken of the remaining tooth and the doctor’s dental technician will manufacture a dental crown that looks like the natural tooth before the damage and matches the color of the adjacent teeth. Find one of the best oral surgeons in your area at https://www.oralsurgery-hicd.com/contact-us/highland-park-office/.
May 24th, 2021
Posted in General | Comments Off on What Should I Do If My Tooth Gets Chipped?
Wisdom teeth are responsible for a considerable part of dental problems – having no role in chewing and grinding food, they can be affected in many ways and they can also cause lots of pain. Here are some causes that might result in pain:
- Failure to erupt – in many cases, wisdom teeth are unable to protrude through the gum, but they do not stop developing. When this happens, the wisdom tooth grows under the gum, horizontally, making space for the growth by pushing the adjacent teeth. The forced movement of the row of teeth and the incorrect growth process can cause lots of pain and require wisdom tooth extraction Highland Park offices offer;
- Incorrect partial eruption – wisdom teeth might also erupt partially, the growth process being compromised and continuing in the wrong direction, which can also cause lots of pain;
- Decay and infections – being located at the end of the rows of teeth, wisdom teeth are hard or impossible to clean correctly, which makes them more prone to developing cavities as well as to infections;
- Gum disease – the difficulty to clean wisdom teeth also increases the risk of developing gum disease, an affection that is accompanies by gum sensitivity, irritation, pain and very often bad breath as well.
May 20th, 2021
Posted in Wisdom Teeth | Comments Off on Do Wisdom Teeth Cause You Pain?
Wisdom teeth removal is in many ways similar to the extraction of any other tooth – the surgical area is numbed with a suitable anaesthetic, then, when the anaesthetic takes effect, the tooth is loosened in its socket and removed with the help if specialized tools, such as forceps and hammers, then the surgical wound is dressed or sutured.
The age recommended by Park Ridge wisdom tooth removal specialists for wisdom teeth removal is between the age of 15-25, right after the tooth are fully erupted. Wisdom teeth grow very slowly and their roots are not fully formed for some time even after the eruption is complete, which means that they are not fixed very firmly into the jawbone making them easier to move and to extract.
When it comes to wisdom teeth removal, there are other opinions, too: some specialists say that putting the body through an unnecessary surgery to remove healthy wisdom teeth is useless. According to them, wisdom teeth should be removed only if they are impacted, decayed or if they cause other problems, such as gum disease or infections and inflammations. This means that the extraction should not be linked to the age of the patient, but to the condition of the wisdom tooth.
May 18th, 2021
Posted in Wisdom Teeth | Comments Off on What Is The Best Age To Remove Wisdom Teeth
Dental implants are the most advanced permanent dental replacement solutions available today, artificial teeth that look, feel and work exactly like natural teeth.
Depending on the structure and the type of the installation, implants come in three main types: endosteal implants are the most common, suitable for patients who have healthy gums and a healthy jawbone, subperiosteal implants, used for patients whose jawbone is not dense enough to hold the metal pole of the implant and zygomatic implants mounted into the cheekbone, instead of the jaw and is used in patients with severe jawbone issues.
Dental implanting products can also be categorized based on the time required to complete the installation. Implant installation by a Park Ridge dental implant surgeon usually requires several interventions over a period of several months, the first one will be performed to mount the implant pole into the jaw, then the second one follows to mount the abutment on the pole, but only after the gum has healed properly and a third procedure is also necessary, to install the artificial crown. However, the patients who have sufficiently dense and strong bones have another, much faster way to get their implant: with immediate load implants that can be mounted in 48 hours, very soon after the extraction.
May 17th, 2021
Posted in Dental Implants | Comments Off on Are There A Variety of Dental Implant Products?
Wisdom teeth are vestigial molars that do not fulfill any role in chewing and this practical uselessness, combined with the difficult-to-reach location of wisdom teeth, can lead to severe dental issues. Here are some of the reasons that justify the removal of wisdom teeth when the signs and symptoms are still minor:
- Pain – in the case of wisdom teeth, even minor pain can signal a severe problem. If your wisdom tooth starts aching, visit your dentist immediately and get the tooth out if that is the specialist’s recommendation;
- Infection – wisdom teeth are difficult to reach and to clean properly, therefore they can get infected easily and in many cases, the infections fail to heal properly and recur frequently. If that is your situation, too, the best solution is extraction;
- Damage to nearby teeth – wisdom teeth often fail to erupt and they grow under the gum surface or they erupt improperly and push the nearby teeth, damaging them. Extraction is the best way to correct these issues, too;
- Gum disease – the difficulty to clean wisdom teeth usually leads to the accumulation of bacteria in the back of the mouth that can lead not only to tooth decay, but to the appearance of gum disease. The removal of the affected tooth might be the best solution of the problem. Oral Surgeons at HICD provide extraction of wisdom teeth at an affordable cost and quality services.
May 14th, 2021
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on What Is the Reasoning to Have Wisdom Teeth Removed?